Thursday, February 05, 2015

Pickleball In-House Tournament


Here's the schedule for the upcoming Palm Creek pickleball tournament.  Should be fun!


Palm Creek RESIDENT Pickleball Tournament
02/07/15 - 02/09/15
Palm Creek Golf & RV Resort, Casa Grande, AZ 85122

Sat 02/07/15
8:30am
9:00am
10:30am
10:45am
11:00am
11:45am
Sun 02/08/15
8:30am
9:15am
11:00am
11:15am
Mon 02/09/15
8:30am
8:45am
9:00am
9:15am
9:30am
9:45am
10:45am
11:00am
11:30am
12 noon

 There is a lot of behind the scenes work to prepare for a tournament of this size and our PC Club goes through every detail to run a safe and efficient event...........including medical assistance in case it is needed.  Training sessions were held this past week.
(Photos by Barb Poole)





I know many of you do not visit Facebook and don't wish to get involved with it (and I don't blame you!) but Angela Durrell is doing a nice job on posting some photos about other events around the park.  I'll copy a couple here just to keep you informed.

 
 
 
 
-----------------------------------
I was in the six item express lane at the store quietly fuming. Completely
ignoring the sign, the woman ahead of me had slipped into the check-out
line pushing a cart piled high with groceries. Imagine my delight when the
cashier beckoned the woman to come forward looked into the cart and asked
sweetly, "So which six items would you like to buy?"

(Wouldn't it be great if that happened more often?)
**********************
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and
get used to the idea.
***************************
John was on his deathbed and gasped pitifully, "Give me one last request,
dear," he said. "Of course, John," his wife said softly. "Six months after
I die," John said, "I want you to marry Bob." "But I thought you hated
Bob," she said. With his last breath John said, "I do!"
********************************