Tuesday, July 14, 2015

More Dirt and Flowers

More dirt pictures for you.  Still putting in the new streets.  Laying pipe, etc etc

 These probably don't make for exciting pictures, but its certainly fun to watch the tonka trucks in action.  We're all anxious to start the new courts and pool.....but first we have to get the streets done.

Meanwhile, as we drive around the resort, we find some beatiful cactus plants in bloom.  These are in front of the pretty RV site.


I'm amazed at how many blossoms are all sprouting at the same time.  This plant must really like the HOT sun.




Here's another beauty we found on Oasis.
with flash

without flash
Suzette sent me this collage of plants she found in bloom this week.
Collage from Suzette Taylor
***********************





Because I'm a man, I can be relied upon to purchase basic
groceries at the store, like beer, milk or bread. I cannot be
expected to find exotic items like 'cumin' or 'tofu.' For all I
know, these are the same thing. 
_______________________________________________

Because I'm a man
, when one of our appliances stops
working, I will insist on taking it apart, despite evidence that
this will just cost me twice as much once the repair person
gets here and has to put it back together. 
_______________________________________________
Because I'm a man
, I must hold the television remote
control in my hand while I watch TV. If the thing has been
misplaced, I may miss a whole show looking for it.....though
one time I was able to survive by holding a calculator.....
( applies to engineers mainly).